Hey there! Hope y'all are having a great weekend. Things have been busy as ever here, but I wanted to pop in and share a few pieces I made for online challenges this week.
First up is this layout I made for Studio Calico's Sketch Challenge:
supplies: patterned paper-Dear Lizzy, wood butterflies and heart-Studio Calico, Wood letters-Pink Paislee, brads-My Mind's Eye, letter stamps-Studio Calico, ric rac, buttonsI took this picture of myself at the Louisville Zoo for this online challenge . It still makes me laugh. This gorilla was being so animated that day, but I can't believe I caught him making kissy faces at the camera! hahaaaa....I wrote the journalling when I saw a similar layout, although now I can't remember where I saw it? But, the idea was pretty close to this one, I definitely did not come up with this idea. I used some of the new papers, etc. I got from Two Peas this week, including paper from Dear Lizzy and brads from My Minds Eye.
I made this gift tag for a friend as a thank you for hosting an Oscar Party. I got the idea from the weekly challenge, again at Studio Calico-here.
This last card I made for the current Lawnscaping Challenge-Distressing. When I saw this challenge, I wasn't sure if I could do anything really nice. Distressing is not really my thing. Besides adding a little color to the edges of papers and photos, and maybe spraying/misting, I hardly ever do it. If you hop over to the challenge post you'll see a bunch of amazing cards by women who really have a talent for getting the distressed look. Here's my entry:
supplies: stamps-Dear Lizzy, Lawn Fawn, Distress Ink-Worn Lipstick & Tea Dye, die cut tag-Studio Calico ,
Tiny Attacher,twineI used Distress Ink all over a scrap of dotted white cardstock, then flicked it with water. I have seen this technique done a million times, and it was fun to try. Then I sprinkled it with Mr. Huey's in two colors. The bouquet I made using my NEW jar stamp from Dear Lizzy, and flowers from Lawn Fawn (I have used the heck out of those flowers, on a million different cards! I colored the flowers using Copic markers and Distress inks. Th e jar is stamped with Staz On onto a piece of scrap vellum that I am really glad I saved. Then I stitched it with my sewing machine on three sides, and....wait for it.....I filled it with paper confetti! I can't believe I actually was able to pull that all of, it I think it looks too cute! Then I added the flowers, the string and adhered the top down. This was one of those cards that took more than an hour to make, which is highly unusual for me. But, I felt like playing around, so I just went with it. I tried to sewing thing with a scrap, tried the Distress Inks out, all of it. Finally putting it all together was really fun.
Well, thanks for stopping by. Hope you get some creative time this weekend!