Hello! It's almost Thanksgiving - do you have your holiday shopping done yet? OR, are you like me and have a list but no actual gifts yet? (please tell me I am not the only one?!?)
I put together a few lists of great gift ideas to help you out this year! A mix of things I have pinned to give to some of my loved ones. A mix of things from: Amazon, my little handmade shop and local Louisville handmade friends. I am a big believer in handmade gifts and supporting local businesses, and I hope you are too. Plus consider supporting some of my friends this year!
Yesterday I shared: Ideas for Kiddos & Babies // Ideas for Family & Friends
Today's list includes a variety of ways to encourage your crafty friends! Whether you know someone who likes to dabble in a few mediums, makes handmade gifts for every holiday or has told you they want to learn something new in 2017- I have a few fun ideas!
1. The Crafter's Box // Monthly Subsciption. This ia new subscription service, each month your friend would get a curated box with an easy to complete project! It comes with online videos and a message board. You can get your pal a one, three, or longer subsciption.
2. JVilla // Loom Kit with Yarn and Weaving Guide. I'm obsessed with this girl's Instagram feed. She sells these lap looms with the tools worked right in. Learning to weave would be so fun! This is actually on my christmas list, and I am really looking forward to playing around with it.
3. Gift Certificate for a Handmade Workshop. Local to Louisville? I teach a variety of crafting and cocktails workshops around town. You can read about them HERE. Buy a gift card for your pal and come with them for a really fun girls or guys night out! These events have been really, really fun so far. I have a LOT of fun projects to teach for the holidays!
4. Silhouette Cameo. This is definitely an larger gift purchase, but one you can be sure they will use the heck out of! The Silhouette is a digital craft cutter. Think of it like a printer except it cuts instead of prints. You can use it for: stencils, paper, fabric, plastic, a million different mediums. You can design your own files for things like monograms, names, shapes, it's really unlimited. This listing is for the newest edition and it comes with all sorts of accessories they can play with!
5. DIY Woven Art by Rachel Denbow. I have a girl crush on Rachel (there, I said it). I have read her blog for years- she sews crafts with paper, home decor, and recently took a shine to weaving. She is very inspiring and I would LOVE to get this book to go with a lap loom = ).
6. Craftsy Gift Card. Have you ever taken a Craftsy class? I love them (I blogged about one of their sewing classes HERE). They are an online learning website that has classes on a variety of skills- cooking, sewing, crafting, photography, etc! Beginner classes, advanced- there is something for everyone. A gift card would be a welcome nudge for your buddy to try something new! *A bunch of their classes are on sale for Thanksgiving Weekend!*
Did I help you fill your gift list? I hope so! This was a lot of fun to put together. Like I said earlier, I am not paid by these companies to promote them- I just enjoy sharing things like this. = ) Call me a professional enabler...
Thanks for coming back today- I am so thankful for my little piece of the internet and all of YOU who hang out here with me = ) Happy Happy Thanksgiving!