I hope you came on Monday to see the BIG bathroom reveal, now I wanted to share a few of the pieces I made myself to include in the room. Today: my bathrug.
I wanted something black and white striped. I pinned this post by Francine a year ago and always wanted to try t-shirt crochet and thought this would be a great project to try it on.
NOTE: I waaaayyyyy underestimated the amount of fabric I would need. I used about a dozen t-shirts and about 3-4 extra yards. a lot.
Also NOTE: there was a little curling of the mat, I think because I didnt make each trip equal width and my crochet probably got tighter as I worked.
After I was done I wove some of the ends together to hide them. Some I knotted and left hanging. I really really love the stripes, the different shades. It's also nice and thick, which will be nice for guests who use it.
Thanks for stopping by. Come back Monday for another DIY project!