In January I said goodbye to one of my sweet cats, Beavis. Man, that was tough. The first time I've gone through the loss of a pet and it was much harder than expected. I still miss him at night-he was my snuggle buddy. Above is Penny. She joined me at the beginning of February. I found her in the local no-kill shelter. She is a year old tabby/something else mix and she is the softest, sweetest kitty! She is helping me (and my other cat Succotash) get back to normal.
A few of this year's cold weather essentials:
- 11/22/63 on Hulu. I read the book a few years ago and it was EXCELLENT. Just started watching the series and really enjoying it.
- I am in love with my french press and my new coffee mug-and I don't care who knows it.
- Glamglow's Thirstymud has saved my skin, y'all. Winter air dries my skin out like crazy, but I use this once a week as an overnight mask and it has really made a difference! (the link goes to Amazon where I found it for MUCH cheaper than I paid for it-amazing price! )
- For my body, I bought this Nivea lathering scrub on a whim. It makes my skin sooo soft
- You know I love a good audiobook, and this one was so, so good. Have you read any of her other books?
- I LOOOVVVVE starting a new project. It really helps get my mind off the stressful stuff. This year I want to learn to do lettering (and maybe calligraphy?). I found a reference to The Postman's Knock on Instagram and bought one of their Learn Calligraphy for a Latte packages. Now to get started.
So, that's what new with me. What about you-am I the only one with the winter blues? How do you fight them? Any new projects happening? I want to hear about them!
Have a great weekend,