'Tis the season for spring cleaning and home projects. Depending on how you look at it, spring cleaning is fun(ish). I have a love/hate relationship with my chore list. A few of the things that need to be done are more in the 'we have to clean that before it falls over' category. A few of the projects are going to be really fun and give my space a little bit more personality. Today I thought I would share a few inspiring I found online that might make the whole process a little bit more just-fun.
First-here's a peek at my list:
1. Clean/organize the 2nd bathroom (otherwise known as the black hole The Boys (aka my cats) use as their bathroom and I store crap that I don't know why the heck I even keep it)
2. Paint/redecorate in my kitchen. Maybe add a tile backslash? Definitely clean and organize cabinets. Am I the only one who feels like they do that once a year?
3. Finish setting up my home office/studio. Its about 70% done, I've just been putting off the boring stuff ; )
4. Re hang and reframe a few pieces on the photo wall pictures above. I have a couple of small art pieces to add and I want to update a few of the kids' photos. (Don't ask about putting away that stack of yarn, because, duh, that's where I keep it)
5. Plant my container garden! This year I going to tackle eggplants. I think? I currently do: tomatoes, herbs, but I want a new challenge. Any good ideas?
6. Give the car a looonnnggg needed bath. And inside scrub down.
(What's on your spring list? Please, let's share! )
So...how to make the whole process a little brighter?
- Follow THIS PLAN to deep clean your kitchen (or come over and clean mine?)
- I've tried to pair back on the amount of chemicals I use at home. I have a new stash of microfibers cloths and THIS LIST of homemade cleaner recipes
- GOOD ADVICE to keep you motivated through the whole process ; )
- Lots of GOOD INFO here about container gardening!
Need something to listen to while working away? I suggest a good audiobook (LIKE THIS ONE and I'M DOWNLOADING THIS ONE from the library) or, do you like podcasts? I've been digging THIS GREAT GAME OF THRONES podcast or DEATH,SEX and MONEY.
Lastly, if you need something to distract you from actual housework? I've listed a bunch of paper awesomeness in my shop!
That's it for now-leave a comment and let me know what's on your TO-DO list this weekend.
Share the pain, internet friends,